Lola's Blog

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Finally, I'm On My Way

Here is Mummy being monitored when she first arrived at the hospital

This is later on when she had to be induced


Hello Mummy

Quote from Mummy's Pregnancy Journal:

LOLA'S ARRIVAL

I had just got home from Tesco and we were unloading the shopping from the car and felt a little trickle. Although I was expecting it I still wasn’t sure if I was peeing myself. Tony was pleased because he was supposed to be going to Kent that afternoon!! He is now on 2 weeks holiday.

I called the hospital and they told me to go in to be checked and to bring my bags but they would probably send me home to wait for the contractions. When they checked me over they noticed the meconium, which meant that the baby needed to come out as soon as possible but the problem was that I wasn't in labour!! Ooops. I was then given pessaries at 1pm to bring on the contractions and we just wandered around the hospital for 8 hours in between being monitored. I wanted to walk outside but Tony hates walking especially in the cold. Then I kept dripping which was really uncomfortable and still - nothing.

Tony had me in hysterics all through this: He was planning his curry for his tea and then when he got tired a bit later brought in 3 chairs from the corridor and made himself a bed. He lay there snoring for about an hour. When the midwife came in to check me she said I could ring the buzzer if I didn't want to disturb him!! When she put the thermometer in my ear he said: “Hello” as if it was a phone, we just went into a fit of giggles but I guess you had to be there.

Anyway, the pessaries did nothing so I then went on the drip at 9pm when was increased every hour and by 1am I was using gas and air as well as my TENS machine and lavender oil (absolutely brilliant stuff). We went through the night and I was slowly dilating, eventually had the morphine injection I couldn’t stand the pain any longer. By 7am we both couldn't stay awake anymore and they said I would be another 6 hours so Tony said "you'll have to get your mum to come in I can't stay awake anymore, I'm going home for a kip!! So that's what he did. Mum turned up and it felt like she was there for about 3 hours and I didn’t even talk to her – bless. I was in a right old state then. I was sitting on the floor on one side or the bed and she was on the other and I just kept my eyes closed. It’s my way of dealing with the pain.

As soon as Tony’s head hit the pillow he had to come back because the baby was ready to come into the world. (That will teach him). I had this urge to push and when they examined me I had fully dilated. They said I could push but Mum reminded us that Tony wasn’t there!! I said: “I can’t wait for him!”. He turned up just in time and after 15 minutes and three pushes Lola Ann arrived into this world at 9.06 am Friday 25th November 2005.

What a feeling that was. I just kept saying that I couldn't believe it. They put her on my tummy and I was still surprised to see this perfect little girl. I could never have dreamed that I would be lucky enough. I still get so emotional about her and just look at her and cry pure tears of happiness. I feel that I have known her for ages and can't remember life before. She came out looking just beautiful – no funny colour or squashed face or anything. Just perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home